Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Post Coital Toads

I saw a groundhog today. It was awesome. I dropped my pen and said "What the fuck it's a groundhog." And then it scampered behind a bush.

It's been a while hasn't it, what have I been up to...

Friday we went into Philly. Crazy town, I had a very good time. It's sort of like Seattle, but bigger. And older. We hung out at Logan Circle and walked on King Tut's face. For lunch we went to Redding Terminal Market and I had surprisingly good phad thai. And Marion (she's French and I love her) and I stalked a guy who looked like a turtle for twenty minutes.

Friday night we had movie night and watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights in one of the lecture halls. It was grand fun. We had popcorn and massive amounts of candy. We've been watching a lot of movies lately. Philadelphia Story and Rocky Horror and Robin Hood and The Breakfast Club. The library here has a better selection of movies than Hollywood video does at home. I've sort of become the movie pimp of the group because I'm there pretty much every night renting a movie. I think the librarian hates me.

Saturday we went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Absolutely amazing. It's humongous, in two hours I only got through one wing.

Sunday I hung out and did basically nothing. No, we stenciled t-shirts. That was very fun.

So many other crazy stories that I wish I had time to tell. I'm having so much fun, it's sort of unreal, how much fun this is.

I got giggly yesterday. I don't remember the last time I was giggly. It was crazy. The things that came out of my mouth. At dinner we had a long discussion of how sweet potatoes are actually carrots in disguise. And jerk chicken. We ingested the jerk. And how disliking sweet potatoes doesn't make you racist.

Tonight it was decided that because I haven't found my prince charming (gee I wonder why) I imagine amphibians having sex.

I can't decided if I'm hearing thunder outside or very large trains.

6 comments:

Parker T. said...

fun, have a good 4th Lena... your near Philly so it should be awesome.

Parker T. said...

oh and also I know this probably sounds really creepy but could I see what some of these people that you are talking about look like? It would be good to be able to put a face to these people. Oh and Lena have you heard about Bush pardoning Libby?!?

Lena said...

I'll see what I can do about pictures. I know there's lots on facebook because that's pretty much how we communicate these days.

I've heard very little about Bush and Libby, we don't really get news here. But what I have heard frightens and annoys me.

You sound very busy by your blog, don't over work yourself, it is summer.

ExDaddy said...

amphibians, or only imagine them? What about crows? Are there crows there?
Every night here we eat food you hate. You should be proud of us. Send your Grandpa another card. He was so pleased - you are the first grandchild to ever send him a postcard - almost brought him to tears.

Lauren said...

So these shrits that you stenciled, did any of them happen to say something about the ICOH? They should.

I think I hate you more because your summer is interesting and mine isn't. I haven't seen a groundhog.

Lena said...

Father: Yes, there are crows. But they're not as interesting as the squirrels, who are on drugs. I'll see what I can do about a postcard.

Lauren: Don't have me because my summer's cool. The t-shirts don't have anything to do with the ICOH, they have owls on them. For Bryn Mawr.